Top 10 Gifts for Montessori Students
Top 10 Gifts for Montessori Students
Here in the midst of the holiday season, gift giving is at the forefront of a lot of parents’ and family members’ minds as they ponder the perfect gift for the children in their lives. For children who attend Montessori schools and for family members who might not be 100% familiar with the Montessori Method, it can certainly be a challenge to choose the right gift, but we’re here to help!
We have compiled a list of 10 popular gifts that Montessori students love and engage with based on customer feedback and experience. These items can easily be ordered through our small shop, saving you the time and stress of browsing through thousands of items trying to choose the perfect gift.
- Personalized Name Tracing Board - A personalized name tracing board that allows the child to effortlessly learn the correct formation of the letters of their name. The board can also be used for letter rubbing and a mold for playdough for a sensorial experience.
- Butterfly Ten Frame - A beautiful way for a child to learn counting, symmetry, and basic arithmetic. Little ones will love this beautiful butterfly frame that will help them develop a basic number sense and one-to-one correspondence.
- Wooden Calendar - Children love rhythms and routines. They will love starting their day off in a beautiful way with this large calendar including all of the dates of the month. Each tile has the matching Montessori beads and an area for weather, temperature, moon phases, and seasons.
- Dinosaur Puzzle - The perfect gift for the dinosaur-obsessed little one in your life! The puzzle pieces have beautiful watercolor illustrations of 5 dinosaurs. Your child will love revealing the puzzle pieces to discover the hidden skeletons printed on the base of the puzzle, too! The material is available to be made with or without knobs to adjust the fine motor skill difficulty based on the child’s age and developmental level..
- Double-sided Leaf Puzzle - This beautiful wood leaf puzzle is great for getting a little one excited about nature. Children will love the sensorial experience of feeling the edges of the leaves and will be drawn to the unique colors and veining shown on each individual leaf. Each puzzle piece is made of the leaf’s respective wood to allow the child to visualize what the wood looks like and to see the grain, color, and feel the hardness of each.
- Emotion Coping Techniques Wheel - A beautiful addition to the Montessori home. This handy emotion coping techniques wheel will help little ones choose a calming method when they are feeling dysregulated and are not yet ready or incapable of using their words. It can also give them choices and empower them to regulate their own bodies and emotions independently. Children are sure to love the act of flicking the spinner on the wheel and watching and practicing different ways to cope with big feelings!
- Emotion and Mood Mirror - This unique gift will help young children identify and understand a variety of emotions and encourage social-emotional learning. From a very young age, little ones are intrigued by looking in the mirror. Mirrors are a wonderful tool for helping children learn about themselves and others. This mirror will help children begin to understand their feelings and practice communicating them. Recognition is the first step for regulation.
- Festival of Lights Stacker - Encourage the little one in your life to celebrate and learn about different festivals of light around the world with this versatile stacker. It has been designed to allow the child to build a Christmas tree, a Hanukkah menorah, a Kwanzaa kinara, a Diwali diya, a bonfire, a lantern, a Loy Krathong float, a birthday cake, and many more! This fun toy also comes with a booklet of all the festivals of light around the world, how they are celebrated, their origin, and a suggested list of books to read more about each.
- Ice Cream Scoop Puzzle - A beautiful and inviting pattern recognition and color matching activity for the young Montessorian. This puzzle features 9 different “scoops” of ice cream and 15 pattern cards encouraging the child to build the matching ice cream. This is such a fun toy for the imaginative little one in your life!
- Rainbow Color Sorting Toy - An exciting color work for a young child. This Montessori inspired toy helps develop so many incredible skills including concentration, hand-eye coordination, color identification, and fine motor skills. Children will naturally be drawn to the beautiful colors painted on the base and the tiny nature of the wool felt balls.
About the Author
Heather White, EdS, is a Montessori Coach & Consultant, a Montessori teacher trainer, and a blog writer and content creator. Formerly, she was a Montessori teacher, Lower Elementary coordinator, associate head of school, and a Montessori nanny/in-home teacher. She also has experience as a School Psychologist intern. She is AMS credentialed (Early Childhood, Elementary I) and is a Nationally Certified School Psychologist. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.