Layers of the Earth wooden puzzle - Great stories, Earth study - With PDF cards and companion guide
What is inside our beautiful Mother Earth? The inside is dynamic, everchanging and mysterious.
Advances in seismology have allowed us to learn a great deal about the Earth and the many layers that make it up.
Usual puzzles only highlight the standard layers - crust, mantle and core. Simple enough? In reality it is not that simple. Crust is not uniform all across - Oceanic crust is different than continental crust. Mantle is not a solid layer, it is anything but that. It is a dynamic and moving every second. New mountains are being formed by 2 plates colliding. Earthquakes and volcanos are shaping new landforms.
Every day, every minute, every second, our fragile Earth is being shaped by the slow dance of the crust.
This puzzle honors our beautiful Earth by featuring all the things that make up our current landforms and the future ones.
Base, Measures 11x11"
5 inserts -
- Top Earth layer showing the plates. Touch and feel!!! The continent areas are raised a little from the adjacent oceans.
- Crust showcasing the thicker continental crust, thinner oceanic crust, plates, underwater volcano
- Inner and outer mantle
- Outer core
- Inner core
Everything made of maple
PDF research cards - Oceanic crust, continental crust, magma, volcanic island, crustal plates, divergent and convergent boundaries, transform fault boundaries, plate boundary zones, inner matle, outer mantle, inner core, outer core, lithosphere and asthenosphere.
Shipping and returns
- Turnaround time depends on the product, generally it ranges from 2-4 weeks.
- Free US shipping on orders over $200 USD (8-10 days transit)
- $8.95 regular shipping (8-10 days transit)
- You can upgrade to shorter shipping at checkout.
- Please contact me if you have a deadline, I will try my level best to work with you and make them asap <3
- Rates calculated at checkout, please get in contact with us if you have any questions.