Montessori Social Media Recommendations: Podcasts
Podcasts have become increasingly popular sources of education and entertainment. They’re easy to access, they’re multi-task friendly, and they foster a sense of connection because they feel like you’re hanging out with a friend having a discussion.
For educators, parents and caregivers whose lives are so busy, we hope to provide you with some positive, reliable, Montessori-aligned podcast recommendations to support your journey!
Here are some of the most popular Montessori podcasts:
- Child of the Redwoods: Montessori Parenting - A weekly podcast led by Montessori parent educator, Aubrey Hargis, that provides practical, Montessori-centered advice on a range of topics, from compassionate discipline to bringing learning to life at home.
- Shelf Help - A weekly Montessori parenting podcast where writer, mom, and creator of The Kavanaugh Report, Nicole Kavanaugh, and co-host Amy discuss the everyday realities of using Montessori at home.
- The Montessori Education Podcast - Jesse McCarthy, founder of MontessoriEducation.com, hosts a show talking about raising children and educating students while bettering ourselves alongside them.
- The Montessori Notebook Podcast with Simone Davies - Montessori teacher and mother, Simone Davies, hosts a place for deep conversations with families around the world to be inspired about how to bring Montessori into our daily lives.
- Montessori Babies - Bianca A. Solorzano, founder of Baby Tour Guide and Montessori consultant, helps parents, educators, and caregivers optimize baby and toddler development through a Montessori lens.
- Confessions of a Montessori Mom Podcast - Confessions of a Montessori Mom with Lisa Nolan of Montessori for the Earth offers Montessori tips, advice, and more for parents, homeschoolers, and educators of infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and lower elementary children.
- AMI Podcasts - AMI Podcasts is a collection of presentations and discussions on Montessori principles and practices, child development, human rights and much more.
- Montessori Conversations Podcast - Montessori Conversations is a podcast that explores the world of Montessori one conversation at a time. It is hosted by Xavier University with a goal of sharing what is new in the field, diving into specific aspects of the world of Montessori and talking to experts.
- All Things Montessori - All Things Montessori is a space for down-to-earth conversations about Montessori education hosted by AMI Elementary Educator, Rachel Merle-Smith, and AMI Trainer and Consultant, Jamie Rue. This podcast covers a range of topic from incorporating music in the classroom to the struggles of teaching and how to feel supported in the classroom.
- My Montessori Life with Barbara Isaccs and David Gettman - Hosted by leading Montessori authority and President of Montessori Europe, Barbara Isaacs, and founder of My Montessori Child software, David Gettman, My Montessori Life podcast welcomes Montessori experts and guests to discuss the ongoing relevance of Dr. Maria Montessori’s insights to contemporary issues including freedom, justice, peace, nature, identity, progress, independence, faith and love.
- Multilingual Montessori - The Multilingual Montessori Podcast discusses multilingualism, multiculturalism, and raising children from a Montessori perspective. Host and AMI 3-6 Montessori Guide and certified TESOL instructor, Gabrielle Kotkov, interviews parents raising multilingual children, Montessori guides who have taught in bilingual classrooms or who are themselves multilingual, and adults who grew up speaking two or more languages.
- Wonderful World of Montessori - Lianne Wesselo, from Wonderful Montessori, welcomes parents and teachers of young children to discuss what Montessori is, why it is the best methodology and how the Montessori Method can transform children.
- Baan Dek Montessori - This podcast, hosted by Baan Dek Montessori, the first and only school accredited by the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI), covers a range of topics applicable to Montessori parents and educators including engaging cooperation, art, competition, technology, and a Montessori dictionary defining key terms to the philosophy and methodology.
- Enriching Environments Podcast - Author of The Montessori Mission and Montessori Educator, Charlotte Awdry, hosts a ten episode series interviewing influential Montessorians from around the globe who share their powerful stories, providing a roadmap for parenting and education with Montessori at its heart.
- The Art of Parenting - The Art of Parenting, hosted by AMI guide and Certified Positive Discipline Educator, Jeanne-Marie Paynel, welcomes world-renowned experts in a variety of fields, providing parents and caregivers with support and encouragement in nurturing and guiding the next generation. Topics range from Montessori parenting methods to positive discipline, respectful and conscious parenting, minimalism and more!
- Montessori Moms in the Wild - Three trained Montessori guides host and new moms host this podcast as they share their experiences, commiserate with fellow Montessori moms, and hope to inspire you along your journey.
- Trillium Montessori Talks - Trillium Montessori Talks is a podcast for Montessori teachers that digs into the theory and application of Montessori methodology in the classroom and beyond. This podcast is produced with Letty Rising and other Trillium course creators with the goal of providing weekly tips, tools, and inspiration so Montessori guides can optimize the classroom and experience for their students and themselves.
- Montessori in Action Podcast - Montessori in Action is a podcast hosted by Elizabeth Slade, Montessori educator, that opens conversations with practitioners from the field who are working to forward the Montessori revolution.
- Montessori Minute - A podcast for students of Montessori looking for a better understanding of Dr. Montessori’s books. It breaks down Dr. Montessori’s writings one chapter at a time into short bite-sized episodes that are all under ten minutes!
- Quirky Parenting - A husband and wife team, Andrew Thomsen and Mikki Tuohy, discuss motherhood, Montessori, and minimalism.
- Maguvininda Manava Montessori - Maguvininda Manava Montessori podcast is about the Montessori Method of education. Host, Dr. S. Rekha Reddy, shares three decades of her experience in the Montessori field as a teacher and Montessori Teacher Trainer, intending to clear misconceptions about the Montessori Method and to introduce a few fundamental Montessori principles.
About the Author
Heather White, EdS, is a Montessori Coach & Consultant, a Montessori teacher trainer, and a blog writer and content creator. Formerly, she was a Montessori teacher, Lower Elementary coordinator, associate head of school, and a Montessori nanny/in-home teacher. She also has experience as a School Psychologist intern. She is AMS credentialed (Early Childhood, Elementary I) and is a Nationally Certified School Psychologist. Contact her at email@example.com.