Hundred chart activity for Valentine's day | Hundred board activity #1
When I designed our original hundred board, I designed it with at least 50 activities in mind. The number of activities that can be done has only grown since the release. I have compiled a document with all of these activities as a booklet to download to be included with the purchase of the original 100 board (I will email all the past buyers with a link to download this week <3).
I plan on sharing some of these activities regularly. Let's start with one that is appropriate for this time of the year - Make a pattern by filling in the numbers with the relevant colored balls (of course you change change the color of the balls to suit your taste).
If you don't have our hundred board, I have included a downloadable hundred chart as pdf. You can still have fun with this activity. You will need some clear color tokens to use on the paper.
Hundred board Valentine's day activity : What is needed?
- Our 100 board (or download the hundreds chart)
- Felt or wood balls (or colored tokens for using on the paper chart)
- Activity description. Here is the downloadable heart template.
Provide wool or wood balls in a basket along with the hundred board.
Ask the child to find these numbers and place a ball on it
(If you are using single color balls) Find the following numbers and place a ball on each of these spots - 23, 24, 28, 29, 32, 33, 34, 35, 27, 28, 29, 40, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 75, 76, 77, 86.
(If you are using rainbow balls) Find the following numbers and place a relevant color balls on each of these spots -
- Violet: 23, 24, 28, 29
- Indigo: 32, 33, 34, 35, 37, 38, 39, 40
- Blue: 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50
- Green: 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59
- Yellow: 64, 65, 66, 67, 68
- Orange: 75, 76, 77
- Red: 86
Half way through, you can ask the child to guess what pattern they see. You can either provide a tong for them to use or they can use their fingers.
This activity will help with
- Fine motor skills
- Number identification
- Color identification/matching
- Pattern identification and also gives a spring board to explore what other patterns a set of numbers can make.
I will keep sharing seasonal activities along with another Valentine's day activity next week. Please follow along!